Well, once again it’s that time of year for this very amateur fan of the National Football League to put out my hunches about how the season will play itself out among the various teams. My traditional favorite, the Miami Dolphins, looks to vastly improve on last year’s 1-15 disaster (although in fairness it must be said that many of those losses came in very close, competitive games). My least favorite team continues to be the Dolphins’ arch-rival New England Patriots. The crowning moment of last season came with about 35 seconds to go in the Super Bowl when the upstart New York Giants captured the lead and the NFL Championship, ruining New England’s “perfect” season and putting a (temporary) cap on their arrogance and cheating. Needless to say, come hell or high water, I’m now a New York Giants fan as well! Go Eli Manning!
I claim no expertise whatsoever with the teams, their players and coaches. I do know that the Dolphins have vastly improved in just about every area and should be able to count on veterans such as quarterback Chad Pennington and running back Ricky Williams, barring injuries (or with Williams, suspensions). I don’t expect the Dolphins to win it all, but I believe they do have a shot at an 8-8 season. And at least a split with those pesky Patriots.
Here is my rundown on how I see the standings at the season’s end:
AMERICAN CONFERENCE
EAST
1. New England
2. MIAMI
3. New York Jets
4. Buffalo
SOUTH
1. Jacksonville
2. Indianapolis
3. Tennessee
4. Houston
NORTH
1. Cleveland
2. Pittsburgh
3. Cincinnati
4. Baltimore
WEST
1. San Diego
2. Oakland
3. Denver
4. Kansas City
******************
NATIONAL CONFERENCE
EAST
1. Dallas
2. NEW YORK GIANTS
3. Philadelphia
4. Washington
SOUTH
1. New Orleans
2. Tampa Bay
3. Carolina
4. Atlanta
NORTH
1. Minnesota
2. Green Bay
3. Detroit
4. Chicago
WEST
1. Seattle
2. Arizona
3. St. Louis
4. San Francisco
My far-out Super Bowl pick?
San Diego beats Dallas! [Of course, I'd prefer to see the Dolphins facing the Giants.]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment