My planned 5K road race on 8/23 was postponed until 10/4 due to tropical storm Fay. So the next opportunity to run competitively will be a 5K race on 9/13 (I’ve already jogged through that course). There’s a 4-mile race on 9/20 as well. Assuming of course, they don’t get bumped off by a hurricane further down the alphabet.
I ran more outside, and tried different improvised courses. I’m beginning to feel more comfortable running on solid ground instead of solely on the treadmill. This may be largely due to me rediscovering my ability to pace myself over longer distances and settle into a sustainable “groove”. Ah yes---after thirty-plus years, it’s all starting to come back to me!
I had planned to run certain days of the week cross-country, certain days on the treadmill, and one day per week on a running track. But the demands of my daily living, along with weather disturbances, caused me to veer from this. And lately, I’ve missed out on running on some days. But this is just a brief hiatus. I’ve got some fun races in store, and the temperatures are bound to get generally cooler.
Ultimately, I want to get to the point where I am going on 5-plus mile runs each day while resorting to the treadmill as little as possible. And maybe in 2010, if all goes well, I may run my first marathon race.
Here’s my running record since the last update (I denoted my own improvised outdoor courses with “x-country”):
DATE....MILES...TIME....MEANS
7-19..........2.0......10:12.....x-country
7-21..........1.0........6:64.....treadmill
7-22.........0.6........5:28.....x-country
7-23.........3.0.......21:28....treadmill
7-24.........2.0.......15:16.....track
7-25.........2.5........17:40....treadmill
7-26.........3.0.......21:09....treadmill
7-28.........2.0.......19:00....x-country
7-29.........2.0.......13:41.....treadmill
7-30.........1.0.........6:36.....treadmill
7-31..........2.5.......18:40....treadmill
8-02.........2.35.....21:52....Ormond Beach course
8-04.........2.0......19:05.....x-country
8-05.........2.5.......17:23.....treadmill
8-06.........1.27.....10:30.....x-country
8-07.........3.11......23:02....treadmill
8-09.........3.5.......25:58....treadmill
8-11..........1.0.........7:14.....treadmill
8-12.........4.0.......29:33....treadmill
8-13.........3.11......24:33.....track
8-14.........4.0.......29:24....treadmill
8-15.........3.11......27:26.....x-country
8-16.........4.0.......35:27.....x-country
8-18.........5.0.......37:18.....treadmill
8-20........1.5........11:14......treadmill
8-20...1 ymca-lap @ 1:29
8-21..........1.0.........6:58......treadmill
8-21...2 ymca-laps @ 3:20
8-22........1.2.........9:02.....treadmill
8-23........2.0.......15:03.....treadmill
8-23........1.6........14:41.....x-country
8-25........2.0.......14:50.....treadmill
8-27........1.0..........7:35.....treadmill
8-27...2 ymca-laps @ 3:04
8-30........2.3.......17:31......treadmill
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment