Previously on this blog, I have had a feature appearing with the tag “Eights”, where I would report, every eight weeks, on an area that I am trying to improve in. The idea was something that I heard once from Tony Robbins: publicly announce your goals in order to give yourself a sense of accountability in reaching them. And it’s worked, with some mixed success. One problem I’ve had with this “eight weeks apart” format is that I have trouble keeping up with which date I am supposed to write about a particular area of self-improvement. So, to make things radically simpler, I am getting rid of the “Eights” tag in future articles of this type and will simply write personal endeavor updates for different area each Saturday. Starting with today!
As I had written in an earlier entry recently, I had suffered some aches in my left foot, preventing me from running. Or so it seemed. One day, though, I just got tired of not running and ran anyway, pain or no pain. And, surprisingly, there was no pain during the run! In the following days, the occasional twinges I felt diminished until I went on as before with my running. For a while, I was running a little outside around my YMCA field (distance unknown); in the listing below, I refer to those runs as Y-laps. I missed the July 4 road race I was going to run in, but there are two planned in Gainesville for September, and I’d like to make one of them. I need to get off the treadmill sometimes and run outside on the ground/road/track. Lately, I’ve reserved my Sundays for yard work, so I take that day off from running. My plan for the immediate future is to continue treadmill-running on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays while running on a nearby track on Thursdays and doing long, slow cross-country runs on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Here is my training record since the last time I published it (except for the YMCA field, I did my running on the treadmill in the Y’s training room):
DATE...MILES...TIME(min)
4-29..... 1.75........ 2:33
4-30..... 2.5........ 16:49
5-01...... 2.0....... 13:24
5-05..... 2.0........ 14:23
5-06..... 1.0.......... 6:31
5-07..... 1.0.......... 7:45
5-08..... 1.5.......... 9:39
5-09..... 1.0......... 6:20
5-10..... 1.0......... 6:32
5-12..... 2.5........ 17:39
5-13..... 2.0........ 12:46 (6:14 mile included)
5-14..... 2.5........ 16:29 [1 y-lap @ 1:23]
5-15......0.7......... 4:38
5-15......1.0.......... 7:10
5-19..... 1.0......... 6:32
5-20.... 2.5....... 17:38
5-22.... 2.0....... 13:19 [1 y-lap @ 1:23]
5-23..... 1.5....... 10:14
5-24..... 1.6...... 10:46 [1 y-lap @ 1:15]
5-26...... ----------...... [6 y-laps @ 9:15]
5-27..... 1.0....... 6:46 [2 y-laps @ 2:50]
5-28..... 1.7....... 11:18 [2 y-laps @ 3:06]
5-29......0.8....... 5:16 [1 y-lap @ 1:15]
5-30..... 2.0...... 13:37 [1 y-lap @ 1:16]
6-02..... 2.0...... 14:15
6-04..... 2.0...... 13:37 [2 y-laps @ 3:05]
6-05..... 1.0........ 6:31 [1 y-lap @ 1:15]
6-09..... 1.6....... 10:59
6-10..... 0.5........ 3:52
6-11...... 1.5........ 11:02
6-12..... 2.0....... 13:36
6-13...... 1.0........ 6:39
6-14...... 3.34..... 25:00
6-17...... 2.0....... 13:57 (left foot hurt)
6-25..... 1.6........ 11:56
6-26..... 2.0....... 14:25
6-27..... 2.0....... 14:04
6-30.....0.5.......... 3:29
7-02 .....2.6....... 17:40
7-03..... 2.5....... 18:30
7-05..... 3.0....... 20:42
7-07..... 3.11...... 21:16
7-08..... 2.0....... 13:48
7-09..... 3.0....... 20:37
7-10..... 2.0........ 13:43
7-14..... 1.5......... 11:08
7-15..... 2.5........ 18:37
7-16..... 1.0......... 6:39
7-17..... 2.5........ 18:41
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment