I'll be out of town for a few days, coming back early next week. I won't be entering anything new for a little while. Feel free to read archived stuff from this blog and comment on anything you want.
I recently had a comment from someone who left their e-mail address on the comment, and I thought your policy of respecting others' privacy by not publishing these comments was a good idea. Plus, I've seen enough thoroughly tasteless (and sometimes scary)remarks on YouTube to the point that I feel better just keeping comment moderation on at all times. I was going to line up some articles to appear while I was gone with Blogger's new scheduling feature, but a couple that I had done this way in the past weren't published the way I had intended.
Yes, well, that's why it's handy to have the BlackBerry, and I can approve comments from (nearly) anywhere.
Interestingly, I've never gotten a real comment that I've failed to approve because it was tasteless or nasty or the like. I've gotten a lot of spam comments, which I've rejected, but that's a very different thing.
I use the advance scheduling all the time, and love it. I've not had it do anything funny to me. I guess the only problem with it is that you can't see exactly what it'll look like until after it's been published, and the "preview" sometimes isn't good enough. But that's only a problem if one is trying to do some fancy formatting, which I sometimes do but which I haven't seen in your blog.
To get around that, I'll sometimes publish the "future" entry, look at it to make sure it's right, then quickly edit it and re-post it with a future date. I also have a hidden "test" blog that uses the same template as my real one, so I can post stuff there and look at it if I think it might be problematic.
...but the comments won't be posted until you get back and moderate them, right? Unless you turn off moderation while you're gone.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your trip!
[Me, I moderate comments from my BlackBerry when I'm away. :-) ]
I recently had a comment from someone who left their e-mail address on the comment, and I thought your policy of respecting others' privacy by not publishing these comments was a good idea. Plus, I've seen enough thoroughly tasteless (and sometimes scary)remarks on YouTube to the point that I feel better just keeping comment moderation on at all times. I was going to line up some articles to appear while I was gone with Blogger's new scheduling feature, but a couple that I had done this way in the past weren't published the way I had intended.
ReplyDeleteYes, well, that's why it's handy to have the BlackBerry, and I can approve comments from (nearly) anywhere.
ReplyDeleteInterestingly, I've never gotten a real comment that I've failed to approve because it was tasteless or nasty or the like. I've gotten a lot of spam comments, which I've rejected, but that's a very different thing.
I use the advance scheduling all the time, and love it. I've not had it do anything funny to me. I guess the only problem with it is that you can't see exactly what it'll look like until after it's been published, and the "preview" sometimes isn't good enough. But that's only a problem if one is trying to do some fancy formatting, which I sometimes do but which I haven't seen in your blog.
To get around that, I'll sometimes publish the "future" entry, look at it to make sure it's right, then quickly edit it and re-post it with a future date. I also have a hidden "test" blog that uses the same template as my real one, so I can post stuff there and look at it if I think it might be problematic.