In early 1973, I tried a kind of writing that worked for the first few months of that year. And for some reason, I never kept up with it. At the end of each month, I would sit down with a journal and just write out phrases of things that I identified with that month and the goings-on in my life. There was no concerted effort to write a coherent piece: no, it was just a chain of disjointed phrases and short sentences which, nevertheless, when read presented a tapestry of that month in my life. So why not try this on this blog from time to time as well? Of course, if you, who most likely don't know me, read it, you probably won't "get" much of what I write about, but it may be fun to try to figure it out anyway! But this would serve as a good "time marker" for me to be able to go back to in order to reference things that were happening in my past. So, without any regard to when I'll be doing this, I'll simply state that there will be future entries of this type that I'll just call "Free-Flow Journaling". And just let it be at that! Here's a little taste of this style:
--this past sunday afternoon/evening some heavy rain, starbucks/tioga jammed full but found a seat--getting sick of taste of starbucks coffee--need to plan bahamas trip and get passports--went to jax c~w 5/17 @dave & busters for ~w's honors get-together in banquet room--~w drove whole way, incl. interstate for 1st time--arcade setup there like expanded chuck e cheese--stopped off afterwards at jax beach to look @ ocean and take a walk--sunday night saw good show on supermassive black holes on science channel--i need to clean up kitchen and go on to bed--beetles proliferating everywhere outside--
This should be a lot of fun, at least for me, the writer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment