Friday, December 14, 2007
Theme Park Withdrawal
It's been a while since I've been to one of my regional theme parks and ridden their big thrill rides. Even the last time I visited Universal Studios, the most serious ride I could get was the relatively tame Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast! Next time, it will be an Islands of Adventure experience, and I aim to ride all of my old favorites: the Hulk Coaster, Dr. Doom's Fear Fall, Ripsaw Falls, Jurassic Park, and Dueling Dragons. I may even try Spiderman, which wasn't one of my favorites. It will be more pleasant once the weather really turns colder (at this writing, in the early afternoon, it is 88 degrees Fahrenheit here in Gainesville in mid-December). That heat can take a toll on me, walking so much around the park. I'd also like to get back and visit my other two favorite theme parks: Busch Gardens (Tampa), which has the best collection of thrill rides, and Wild Adventures (Valdosta, Georgia), which carries some sentimental value for me. For the next couple of weeks, though, I am working extra days and hours at the local post office processing Priority parcels for the annual Christmas season rush. But after that's over, watch out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment