Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Piano On the Eights: 11/21

For the past eight weeks, I've continued to plod along with my piano lessons. I get the feeling that I don't practice as much as I should, but I am making progress nonetheless. My main difficulty at this point seems to be adjusting to shifts in fingering in some pieces, sometimes from measure to measure. When this occurs, I often find myself slowing my playing down way too much. But my teacher continues to give me progressively more challenging pieces to practice playing. My special personal project is going to be learning how to play some Christmas songs for my family at home during the holiday season. I'm still looking for that "quantum breakthrough" with my piano playing skills, but it won't come anytime soon unless I put in the time and effort to make it happen!

Here are the pieces that I've been working on from my songbooks. You'll probably recognize some of the titles, while a few of them are pretty generic in nature:

Sunflower Boogie, Chinese Water Lilies, Rain Dance, Little Gray Owl, Little Rock, Careless Love, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, Goin' Home, G Major Scale Etude, It Came Upon a Midnight Clear, Minuet and Trio, Limerick Tune, Anyone for Tic-Tac-Toe?, Camptown Races, For He's a Jolly Good Fellow!, The Gift to Be Simple, Roller Coaster Rhythm, Famous People, Deck the Halls, Climb Ev'ry Mountain, Edelweiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment