Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Running on the Eights: 10/30

For the past eight weeks, I have been much more careful with my running. After recovering from my slight right-foot strain/tear, I obtained a more comfortable pair of shoes that seem to protect my feet more. And I’ve gradually built up my training, using only the treadmill and refraining from running on any hard/outside surface. I do plan to make the switch to outdoors running at some time in the future, but I doubt that I will ever completely abandon the treadmill (I’ve grown accustomed to its pace!). The theme for these past eight weeks has been “easy does it”, although I’ve tried to run fast during my workouts. I did miss a period of a little more than a week earlier this month, but part of that was due to my trip to Tennessee and Kentucky. Here is my running record (the first two entries were for the cross-trainer machine; the rest were for the treadmill).

DATE .MILES .TIME
9-04..... 1.0..... 8:03 (cross-trainer level 11)
9-06..... 1.3..... 8:23 (cross-trainer lever 11)
9-08..... 1.2..... 9:24 (treadmill)
9-11...... 1.3... 11:03
9-13...... 1.3... 10:42
9-15...... 1.3... 10:23
9-19...... 1.4... 11:53
9-22..... 1.4.... 11:17
9-26..... 1.5.... 12:49
9-28..... 1.5.... 11:52
10-03... 1.6.... 13:15
10-05... 1.6.... 12:31
10-15.... 1.0..... 7:53
10-19.... 1.2..... 9:33
10-23.... 1.4... 11:06
10-26.... 1.6... 12:09
10-29.... 1.7... 13:19

No comments:

Post a Comment