The year 2003 saw me listening mainly to three different radio stations for my music: 103.7-WRUF “Rock 104”, 100.5-WHHZ (later to be called “The Buzz”), and 105.9 WOCL “O-Rock” (Orlando). Here are the songs I liked the most from that year (as I lived it):
Can't Stop (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
No One Knows (Queens of the Stone Age)
Like A Stone (Audioslave)
Clocks (Coldplay)
Diamonds And Guns (Transplants)
All My Life (Foo Fighters)
Times Like These (Foo Fighters)
Got The Life (Korn)
Papercut (Linkin Park)
Somewhere I Belong (Linkin Park)
Cherub Rock (Smashing Pumpkins)
Honestly (Zwan)
Head Like A Hole (Nine Inch Nails)
Peacekeeper (Fleetwood Mac)
There There (Radiohead)
Tons Of Fun (unknown)
Feel Good Time (Pink)
Crawling (Linkin Park)
Faint (Linkin Park)
So Far Away (Staind)
Symphony Of Destruction (Megadeath)
Beautiful (Christina Aguilera)
Hey Ya (OutKast)
Trouble (Pink)
Bigger Than My Body (John Mayer)
It's My Life (No Doubt)
Moses (Coldplay)
My favorite song back in 2003 was the rambling There There by Radiohead. Right behind were the angry Head Like a Hole by Nine Inch Nails (I think all of their songs are angry) and So Far Away by Staind (my all-time favorite of theirs). Pink surprised me with her Feel Good Time (written by Beck), which was on the Charlie’s Angels movie soundtrack. The song Tons of Fun was played a lot on Rock-104, but the artist’s name eludes me. I believe it was a local band, though. Coldplay made a big impact with their big studio hit Clocks and their minor (but better) live hit Moses. In 2003, I rediscovered the band Linkin Park, realizing how much I liked their earlier hits Crawling and Papercut while appreciating their 2003 songs Somewhere I Belong and the incredible Faint. I was gratified to see Stevie Nicks back with Fleetwood Mac, cranking out the catchy Peacekeeper with her cohort Lindsay Buckingham. And the sweetest, emotional tearjerker award has to go to Christina Aguilera for her beautiful Beautiful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment