Saturday, January 14, 2023

Cold Weather and Football

After generally warmer than usual temperatures this winter so far, the weather has turned frigid here in northern Florida. Tonight...and early tomorrow morning...Gainesville temperatures are slated to dip below freezing for several hours, and even reach the mid-20s.  Tomorrow it's only going to get up into the 50s...if you live up north where it gets much worse, you're probably laughing at this article.  But my plans are to be outside in the middle of all this and that's not exactly something I'm looking forward to.  Shifting the subject a bit, I see that the Los Angeles Chargers have scored early in their first round NFL playoff game against Jaguars, being played in much colder weather than usual in Jacksonville.  Although four teams I follow somehow managed to make the postseason playoffs in spite of their mediocre records, I wonder whether any of them will survive this first round.  A few hours ago, I was heartened by Seattle, one of those teams, coming out of their first half against heavily favored San Francisco with a 17-16 lead, but the 49ers stomped the Seahawks in the second half and ran away with a 41-23 win.  Tomorrow Miami travels to Buffalo and Monday Tampa Bay hosts Dallas...I'll count myself lucky if at least one of the Florida teams advance.  Hope you're keeping warm and if you like to watch football, that some of the games go your way...

No comments:

Post a Comment