Friday, March 11, 2022

Quote of the Week...from Kyle Lowry

Go out there and play hard, understand your teammates, understand the other team's gameplan, understand your coaches' philosophies and what they want you to do.            ---Kyle Lowry

Kyle Lowry is a repeat all-star National Basketball Association point guard who helped guide the Toronto Raptors to several winning seasons as well as a league championship in 2019.  I've always admired his teamwork and positive demeanor on and off the court...now I'm really encouraged because this year he's playing for the Miami Heat, a team I usually root for since I'm from that area.  He joins another player I've followed for years, Jimmy Butler, a small forward/shooting guard who caught my attention years ago with the Chicago Bulls.  Back in that 2019 Raptor championship playoff run, Butler was on the Philadelphia 76ers opposite Lowry...that was one of the all-time best playoff series ever!  Lowry's philosophy is a formula for success, and I believe that the truly wise players all follow its basic tenets.  Other players that I've noticed with a team spirit combined with skill, athleticism and sportsmanship are Golden State's Klay Thompson and New Orleans' C.J. McCollum, who used to be with Portland for several years.  I tend to look for these kinds of "stars behind the stars" and pull for the teams they're playing on.  The other night Miami was playing Phoenix...unfortunately they got blown out by 21 points and Butler was out due to sinus issues.  I did see Lowry on the court, but he was in more of a supportive role than I usually see.  Still, Miami's currently leading the entire Eastern Conference and come playoff time, I'm looking forward to seeing how Lowry and Butler do, along with Thompson and McCollum on the other teams...

No comments:

Post a Comment