Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Season of Hope 15K Race Coming This Saturday

When I first glanced at the month of December this year on the running race calendar, I was only looking at half-marathons scheduled in my vicinity.  But I missed on a race I ran a year ago: the Season of Hope 15K race, which benefits research and treatment about the debilitating disease of dystonia and other neurological disorders.  The race will be held this Saturday morning (the 8th) on the Hawthorne Trail, with the parking, registration, start, and finish to be at Boulware Springs Park on SE 15th Street in Gainesville.  Starting time is 9:00 for both the 5K and 15K events...you can read about my experiences last year by clicking on the following link: ['18 Season of Hope].  Since at this early time the weather prognosticators are giving about a 30-40% chance of rain on Saturday, I'll wait until later in the week before deciding whether to run in it.  It's funny...on the same day at 7:30 am the free weekly Depot Park 5K will take place at that site off Main Street and SE Depot Avenue...if I had the wherewithal I could run that one and then scoot down the road to tackle the 15K.  After all, I did plan to go on a long run this coming weekend.  But no, better stick to the 15K if the weather's okay. Then again, if it's raining maybe there won't be such an annoying number of people cramming the parking lot and race course: I know, I know...I shouldn't think like that since it's all going to a good cause. Still, I've never run a race in the pouring rain before...

No comments:

Post a Comment