Saturday, April 6, 2019

NCAA Basketball Final Four This Evening

The Final Four of the 2019 NCAA Men's Basketball Championship Tournament commences this event, the 6:09 game featuring Auburn against Virginia, followed at 8:49...presuming the first game ends in regulation...by Texas Tech vs. Michigan State.  Minneapolis, Minnesota is the site for these games, which culminate Monday evening at 9 when today's winners face off for the championship...all three games will be shown on CBS...

I was disappointed that North Carolina, my tournament favorite after my Florida Gators got knocked out by Michigan in the round of 32, lost to Auburn.  But I'm gratified to see both Duke and Kentucky...respectively the main rivals of the Tar Heels and Gators...bow out before reaching the Final Four.  I'm left with Michigan State, a traditional favorite of mine due to their exuberant and brilliant head coach Tom Izzo, to cheer on the rest of the way.  These four surviving teams promise very competitive and close games, which has been the rule more than the exception during the Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight rounds.  Auburn and Texas Tech seem to be surging and peaking...if I went on my gut instinct I'd say that these two advance after today with Tech winning it all.  But most sports pundits are running with top-seeded Virginia...other than the Spartans winning, I just want to see some exciting, well-played basketball...

No comments:

Post a Comment