Saturday, April 20, 2024

Walked Today's Gainesville Depot Parkrun 5K

It's been a while since I speed-walked the Depot Parkrun 5K here in Gainesville, although for nearly a year I had intended to do it on a monthly basis.  Instead, today was only my third go at it, with the previous effort happening last December.  That doesn't mean I haven't been working on my walking during this period, and I recently decided to try again to get in at least one speed-walk per month.  So this morning I intentionally walked the four-lap, 3.1 mile course to see how fast I could do it.  The temperature at 7:30, when the race began, was 64 with a 99% humidity and a lifting fog.  I chugged along and ended up shredding my previous walking finish with a time of 39:43.  I wasn't in the least bit tired or winded and hardly broke a sweat, yet I did sense a limit that my body has yet to surpass in my walking progress to achieve a higher speed on solid ground, instead of a treadmill.  I think that an investment in longer distance walking on neighborhood personally-designed courses is the prescription for me to take it to a substantially higher level.  Click HERE to see today's results...

No comments:

Post a Comment