Thursday, May 2, 2024

My Wednesday Neighborhood Run/Walk

As I've already written, since the abandoned marathon attempt on April 7th I decided to add a feature to my running and walking training, involving going outside on the streets in my home's vicinity to run and walk.  So far so good...the idea is to do this on Wednesday mornings before work and on Sundays at dusk, weather permitting and no precluding special events, of course.  Last Sunday I covered 7.2 miles alternating two minutes running with two minutes walking...yesterday I did likewise.  Sunday's time was 1:21:03...Wednesday was 1:20:24.  Not much difference, but the conditions were, although in both days the temperature hovered around 80 degrees.  The humidity yesterday morning averaged around 52%...pretty good, but the sky was clear and the sun baked down on me the whole run/walk...quite a contrast to Sunday's sunset shadows.  But on the positive side, the little kiddies that littered the road with their playing were off at school and the motor traffic was immensely lighter...I pretty much had the course to myself.  Still, I had to cool down more after it was over, downing a few Gatorades and resting.  Because of the time constraints on Wednesday, I think 7.2 miles will likely be my maximum distance, It will be the weekend...most likely Sunday...during which I expand things to see how far I can go.  But in it all I intend to mix up the running with brisk walking at regular short intervals...

Oh, by the way, for yesterday's jaunt around the 'hood, I listened to a shuffle of Regina Spektor songs...

No comments:

Post a Comment