Sunday, April 28, 2024

Neighborhood 7.2 Mile Run/Walk Successful But Sometimes Annoying

Since the Wednesday before last I have changed my training routine a bit, inserting outdoors road running (alternated with walking) for Wednesdays and Sundays.  The mid-week outing by necessity takes place in the morning before I go to work in the early afternoon, while on Sunday it looks to be more in the early sunset period...like today was.  I had already run this 7.2 mile course, which is an extension of the 3.3 and 5.0 milers I ran the last two Wednesdays.  It was 81 degrees with 36% humidity when I started out around 6:40 PM...not bad at all.  But what was vastly different from my mid-week runs were all the people out in the neighborhood...especially the children with their street games, remote control car toys and bike riding, although toward the end they tended to thin out as the evening shadows increased.  And I wasn't too happy to have to contend with the weekend traffic around me, either.  All in all, though, I felt good with my venture, alternating the running and walking at two minute intervals...my finishing time was 1 hour 21 minutes 3 seconds.  To help me along the way I asked Alexa on my Amazon Music to play a mix of Kasabian songs...that's a British alternative group I've followed for the past couple of decades.  My plan is to keep increasing the distance covered...at least on Sundays when I have more time at hand...while sticking with my 1:1 run/walk ratio.  Hopefully the brats wonderful kids will stay out of my way... 

No comments:

Post a Comment