Tuesday, April 30, 2024

My April 2024 Running and Walking Report

In April I ran every day and racked up the mileage, both in running and walking.  I had planned on running the Run Your Buns Off Marathon on the 7th but let it pass by chiefly because of an acute case of insomnia for the two nights before...and I had issues with that race's format which I discussed earlier on this blog.  Instead, on the 13th and 27th I ran Gainesville's Depot Parkrun 5K, last Saturday actually getting a "personal best" at that weekly event.  On the 20th I speed-walked it, accomplishing one of my walking goals by breaking 40 minutes in a 5K.  In mid-month I began an incremental process of building up my covered run/walk distance by taking Wednesdays and Sundays and covering my own created courses going through my neighborhood and the surrounding ones here in northern Gainesville.  I'm hopeful that this will strengthen me through the rest of the spring and summer while giving my body the needed recovery time. The outings, at least right now, consist of running for two minutes, then walking two minutes, then running two minutes, etc.  As for upcoming races, the only thing I see right now ahead of me for the next few months is that Depot Parkrun.  I omitted swimming from this article because, frankly, I didn't swim any during April...my local gym, which touts its pools to lure prospective subscribers, hasn't exactly been forthcoming recently in providing adequate pool opportunities for me: let's see if they can do something about that.  And if not, I'm ready to explore other options... 

No comments:

Post a Comment