Thursday, April 18, 2024

Making Wednesday a "Neighborhood Run" Day

Keeping in line with my desire to expand and structure my running and walking to encompass set courses around my neighborhood, independent of "official" races, I did a mid-week walk-run in my northern Gainesville home subdivision of Northwood Pines, along with the adjacent Northwood Oaks.  I've done this course, which amounts to a 3.3-mile loop, a number of times.  It's the closest thing in my mind to the old Davie, Florida 2.9-mile looped course that encompassed my old elementary school (Nova Blanche Forman), junior and senior high school (Nova) and junior college (Broward Community College).  My plan is to either run this course each Wednesday or speed-walk it, as I gradually increase the distance.  Since I work through the weekdays and report in during the early afternoon, my Wednesday outings are late in the morning.  Yesterday the average temperature during my run-walk was 75 degrees with a 65% humidity.  I split my run:walk ratio at 2:1 and finished with a time of 33:40. I also am thinking of going out, when circumstances allow, on Sunday afternoons for longer run/walks.  Should be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment