Tuesday, December 3, 2013

2013 New Favorite Songs Sparse for Me

It has been a while since I wrote about my favorite songs for this year.  In fact, as far as anything new is concerned, I don't have anything to report on.  All of the music I regular listen to is on a playlist on my MP3 player and has been around for a while.  I suppose that, were I to try to name a favorite song of the year, then Kasabian's Switchblade Smiles, from their earlier Veliceraptor! album, would be the one: I listened to it a lot early in 2013 an it circulates around on my playlist shuffle.  But as for any new material, whether that be due to recent releases or to me discovering earlier recordings, just hasn't filtered through to me this year as anything outstanding.  I suppose at year's end I'll try to come up with some of a year's "best", but I have a feeling that I will be hard-pressed to come up with ten songs that are "new" to me for 2013: most of them, I think, will probably be Kasabian tracks from earlier albums I discovered several months ago...

As for whatever they've been coming out with on radio lately, though, forget it! My MP3 playlist focuses on personal favorites from acts like Beck, Metric, Spoon, Linkin Park, Arcade Fire, Kasabian, Regina Spektor, Radiohead, Sufjan Stevens, Gorillaz...and some old gems from others sprinkled into the mix...

No comments:

Post a Comment