Saturday, August 10, 2013

More Running Mileage, But Avoid Summer Heat

Earlier today I woke up as usual in the afternoon and tried to figure out the best way to get my running in.  The weather was very hot and not conducive to this kind of exertion, although in the past I wouldn't have had second thoughts about running in it, even for long distances.  But now is now, and instead Inwent to my local gym to run in air conditioning.  Later, though, I did mow my back yard in the 95-degree heat.  It seems that my run didn't tire me out at all, but that lawn mowing exhausted me terribly.

In the last two days I have run 7.6 and 6.7 miles, quite an uptake in the mileage.  The right foot doesn't seem to be causing me problems like it used to, but still I have to consider the rest of my body and how it responds to a higher, level of training.  No sense in overdoing it...

No comments:

Post a Comment